Budget Slow Cooker Recipes: Leek & Potato Soup
If you're in a hurry and after a quick home made, healthy soup recipe to make on a Sunday afternoon, that is enough to see you through lunches in the week then this is the recipe for you.
Leek and potato soup is one of the cheapest soups I've made yet and is so basic in it's list of ingredients it won't break the bank.
Another couple of positives about this recipe are it's suitable for vegetarians and if you're doing Slimming World, it is "Syn" free.
This recipe should serve approximately 4 people.
- 900g potatoes (£1.50)
- 1.5 litre of vegetable stock (50 p)
- 1 leek (50 p)
- 1 onion (15 p)
- Plain yogurt (85 p)
Total Cost of all ingredients: £3.50
An absolute bargain for ingredients! it works out at approximately 87 pence a serving!
- Peel and chop the potatoes into small chunks.
- Slice the leeks into thin discs.
- Dice the onion.
- Pop it all in the slow cooker.
- Make the vegetable stock and pour over the veg.
- Put the slow cooker on high for 3 hours or medium for 4-5 hours.
- Using an electric hand blender, puree the soup. If it's too thick, add a little more water.
- Stir in some salt and cracked black pepper to taste.
- Add two tablespoons of plain yogurt and stir for a creamy texture.