Aldi's GIANT 1kg Bargain Priced Jars of Nutella Are Back!
Calling all chocoholics... Aldi's massive 1kg jar of Nutella is back and it's an absolute bargain!
The family sized jars of the popular hazelnut chocolate spread will only set you back £3.99, but you better hurry, as they're only available while stocks last, as part of Aldi's Special-buys.
I've done my money saving price savvy research and most of the UK's major supermarkets are selling these for £5.70, so Nutella fans are in luck with this Aldi specials bargain!
They're only available in Aldi stores and not online. You can find your nearest shop using the store locater tool. If you miss out, don't worry, I've heard along the grapevine, that Lidl will be offering this same deal as of Thursday, 23rd May 2019.
Whether you enjoy the popular Nutella spread on toast, pancakes, or just straight out the jar (we've all been there, we're not judging), at this cheap price, you can certainly get your chocolate fix and even try your hand at creating some mouth watering desserts. In fact, why not try one of the following budget friendly 3 ingredient Nutella recipes for 3 totally different desserts!
3 Ingredient Nutella Brownies
- 1 cup (8oz/240g) Nutella.
- 2 eggs.
- 10 tablespoons of all purpose flour.
- Put the Nutella, eggs and flour into a large bowl and mix until all of the ingredients are combined. The batter should look thick and shiny once it has been well mixed.
- Line a 2 inch deep 8x12" baking tray with baking paper and pour the batter into the tray.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and alow to cool fully, before slicing.
- Store at room temperature for 3 days.
3 Ingredient Nutella Cookies
- 1 cup (5oz/ 150g) of all purpose flour.
- 1 cup (8oz/ 240g) of Nutella.
- 1 large egg.
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees, and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the Nutella, flour and egg into a large bowl. Mix until well combined.
- The mixture will form a thick dough but should be moist enough to roll into balls.
- Using your hands roll about 2 tablespoons of dough into balls. Place cookies on your baking sheet and flatten them slightly with your fingertips or the bottom of a glass.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until they are cooked around the edges and still slightly soft in the middle. Let the cookies sit on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and then cool on a baking rack.
3 Ingredient Nutella Truffles
- 10 Oreo cookies
- 4 tablespoons of Nutella
- 6 tablespoons of melted chocolate.
- Place the Oreos and Nutella into the food processor and process until a ball starts to form while the processor is running. This will take at least a minute, depending on your food processor.
- If the truffle mixture is too soft to roll, chill for 15 minutes. Otherwise, scoop 1 tablespoon balls of truffle dough onto a wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- Chill for an additional 30 minutes.
- While the truffles are chilling, melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second spurts for about 1.5 to 2 minutes.
- Once chilled, dip each truffle in the chocolate. Using a spoon or fork, swirl around in the melted chocolate making sure that the truffles are thoroughly coated.
- Place back on the cookie sheet, sprinkle with chopped toasted hazelnuts if desired.
- Chill to set then store in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Had a go at the recipes or know of any other cheap recipe ideas? Submit your photos on instagram using the hashtag: #BlogABargain